Thursday, April 08, 2010

Save Rural Nevada. Act Now!

So you're not happy that Southern Nevada Water Authority wants to turn Rural Nevada into a dustbowl? Now is your chance to do something about it. SNWA has had to refile for Rural Nevada water rights. Now is your chance to file a protest about it. Anyone can do it.

But you don't have long. The deadline for the first applications is April 22. And the protests have to be in the State Engineer's office by then.

So, let's get started.

You can print out a copy of the Protest Form – click here.

Here is a sample of a completed protest form. You'll have to fill in your own name and the number of the water application you wish to protest. But you can do it.

To find a map of the watergrab application locations, click here.

Once you pick the location of the application you wish to protest; note the application number. You can find the rest of the information about the watergrab application by clicking here.

On this form, you need the Source/Use and Application (App.) Date information. UG means underground. STR means stream. SPR means spring.

You can print this copy of checklist of protest reasons.

And then just check off your reasons.

Your protest needs to be notarized. So, don't sign it until then.

For more information click here.

There is a $25 fee for each protest.

Send your protest to:

Nevada Division of Water Resources

901 S. Stewart St. #2002

Carson City, NV 89701

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Why should you pay ebay when you can sell your new and used products FREE on

It's about time to have FREE ebay using